Hurray!!! HPE has released the latest version of Load Runner v12.53. It brings a lot of new features along with improvisations on the existing ones. Let us see what HPE has got in-store for the performance testers with this new release.
- Git integration in VuGen
- 64-bit replay support in various Java protocols and C Vuser protocol
- New PCoIPLatest up (remote access) protocol
- Enhanced SAPUI5 recording in TruClient
- HTTP Video Streaming (HTML5, HLS) support
- HTTP/2 support
- REST step-builder editor in VuGen
- JSON manipulation APIs
- Web – HTTP/HTML and Mobile Application – HTTP/HTML protocol unification
- Linux load generator improvements
- Enhancements to Java-based protocols
In addition, LR 12.53 will have integration with recent versions of the following products:
- Mobile Center: Additional configuration options for TruClient – Native Mobile scripts.
- Service Virtualization: Support for Windows 10
- Network Virtualization
- Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Performance Center
- Business Process Monitor (BPM)
- HP Application and Automation Tools integration with Jenkins version 4.01.
- Jenkins SLA and report improvements. For details, see the Jenkins Wiki page.
Latest Supported Technologies and Platforms
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge browser
- Visual Studio 2013 add-in
- Visual Studio 2015 add-in
- Upgraded Eclipse IDE add-in
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2
- hLinux (HPE’s Debian-derivative)
- Integration with Git, enabling you to store scripts in a Git repository, improving team collaboration for Agile groups. For details, see Managing Scripts with Git – Overview.
- REST GUI API editor, enabling you to create and test REST API steps in scripts. For details, see How to Create a Script for a REST API.
- Improved support for instant traffic capture files (including PCAP, HAR, SAZ). For details, see How to Create a Vuser Script by Analyzing a Captured Traffic File.
- Ability to check script compatibility for Linux. For details, see Check Linux Compatibility.
- New comparison and merging tool. For details, see Options Dialog Box.
- Optional data collection program, compiling VuGen usage analytics to help improve VuGen quality. For details, see the LoadRunner Installation Guide.
- Improved VuGen user interface, including new Start page, and revamped Tools > Options dialog box.
- Multiple usability improvements in the following areas: Correlations, parameterization and data import, NV Analytics report, menus, and more.
Changes to browser version support:
- Chromium 46
- Firefox 40.0.3
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 (Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported)
Improvements to step end events, including:
- New end event – Object Exists
- Automatic end event per browser
- Reset automatic end event
Improvements to object identification:
- Automatic object identification now includes a built-in fallback mechanism. For details, see Resolve Object Identification Issues.
- Random object identification using Descriptors. For details, see Descriptors.
Improvements to interactive script development:
- Control actions during recording. For details, see Record a TruClient Script.
- Ability to skip Wait steps during script replay. For details, see Debug TruClient scripts.
- Ability to disable the Watch panel from the Interactive Options tab of the General Settings.
- Revamped TruClient Launcher
- Support for non-zipped script folders
- Ability to export script to zips containing runtime files only
- Support for NV Emulation integration
- Support for NV Analytics Report in VuGen
- Support for speed simulation, available under the Network section in the Run-Time Settings.
- Support for IP Spoofing
- Support for HP Diagnostics integration
TruClient Internet Explorer:
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11 cache mechanism
- Stability fixes
General TruClient enhancements:
- Improved ability to record SAPUI5 applications. Recording is supported with all browsers and with increased usability.
- Ability to call the parameter’s name directly as an input in the Step Arguments section.
- Support Continue to next step as additional Action on Error, under the Load section in the Run-Time Settings.
- Support for additional VTS (Virtual Table Server) APIs. For details, see TruClient Functions.
- Title argument added to Activate Browser Window step, enabling activation of browser window using the window title. For details, see TruClient Step Arguments.
- Activate tab/window steps now have a retry mechanism with timeout. For details, see TruClient Step Arguments.
General Protocol Enhancements
- OCR text trapping. For details, see the Function Reference.
- Support for user activity simulation in idle session, available from the runtime settings Citrix Synchronization View. For details, see Citrix – Troubleshooting and Limitations.
- Support for 64-bit replay for C Vuser scripts.
- Update to C scripting backend, providing 64-bit integers support (long long, unsigned long long).
- Switched C Interpreter to the latest Microsoft C Runtime.
- Support for Java serialized objects. For details, see Data Format Extension List.
- Support for 64-bit recording.
- Support for Java 8 in the following protocols: Java over HTTP, Java Record Replay (recording RMI and custom hooks sub-protocols only), Java Vuser
- Support for 64-bit recording with Java 8 in the Java Record Replay protocol
- Support for 64-bit replay with Java 8 in protocols Java Record Replay and Java Vuser
- General Java-based protocols usability improvements.
- Changes to the Java VTC API (lrapi.vts.Vtc), to support 64-bit replay mode. The Vtc handler is now longinstead of int. For details, see the Function Reference.
Oracle – 2-Tier:
- Support for Oracle Database 12c.
- New VuGen protocol, PCoIP (remote access), based on Teradici’s PC-over-IP technology; providing ability to record and replay scripts, load test, and perform analysis. For details, see Teradici PCoIP Protocol.
- Support for SAPGUI 7.40.
Web – HTTP/HTML & Mobile Application – HTTP/HTML:
- Support for recording HTTP video streaming (on HTML5 and HLS), providing unified APIs to perform common video player actions, and providing streaming metrics (lagging, buffering, and more). For details, see How to Record Streaming Media in Web – HTTP/HTML.
- Support for HTTP/2 recording and replay, including multiplexing. For details, see How to Record HTTP/2 .
- Support for the Microsoft Edge browser. For details, see Start Recording Dialog Box.
- Support for Server Name Indication (SNI). For details, see How To Record and Replay on servers with SNI Enabled.
- New APIs to manipulate and edit JSON data (similar to existing XML API). For details, see the Function Reference.
- The Web – HTTP/HTML protocol was unified with the Mobile Application – HTTP/HTML protocol (and the Mobile Application – HTTP/HTML protocol removed from VuGen). The unified protocol includes support for parsing capture files generated by mobile devices. For details, see Web – HTTP/HTML – Recording Methods for Mobile Applications.
- Support selection of a certificate file for web services. For details, see Security Tokens and Encryption.
- Improved support for CDATA sections. For details, see How to Add Content.
- New web_service_set_option API for controlling different web service call options. For details, see the Function Reference.
- New cloud provider – DigitalOcean. You can now provision load generators with Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, and DigitalOcean. For details, see Custom Cloud Images for LoadRunner 12.53 in the HPLN LoadRunner File Repository.
- Compatibility check for script version to load generator version. For details, see How to Run a Scenario.
- Improved Analysis user interface, including new look for the HTML report.
- Analysis Summary report includes breakdown per location, enabling you to analyze and compare the transaction behavior between different virtual locations. For details, see Summary Report Overview.
Virtual Table Server (VTS) Enhancements
- Improved VTS server security, using CLI tool. For details, see the VTS Help.
- A new certificate manager tool enabling improved handling of CA and SSL certificates. For details, see How To Configure Client-Server Authentication.
- Installation process now does a compatibility check for required Windows updates. For details, see Windows Updates in the Installation Guide.
Help Center Enhancements
- Standalone TruClient and VuGen Help Centers available online.
- Improved user experience for the Help Centers – LoadRunner Help Center.
- Improved switch between online and local Help Centers.
HPE LR 12.53 also integrates with the latest HPE product versions
To download HPE LR 12.53 click on this link.